Circle Ranch Renovation Project
Our church is renovating a home at the old Sheriff's Boys Ranch to accommodate a couple with foster children. This 10 bedroom home will be part of what is now called the Circle Ranch, a foster home community.
Missions at Central Park
Missions is at the heart of everything we do at Central Park. Matthew 28:19-20 expresses the mission upon which Jesus set out for His church, “. . . Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you . . . “
As followers of Christ we have as our mission to send and take the good news of the Gospel all around the world, and to disciple new believers from the Word of God. We seek to be obedient to this commissioning by engaging in the following kinds of mission activities:
- We give 10% of all undesignated gifts to the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention, and 1% to our local association, the Morgan Baptist Association.
- Total mission gifts and expenditures exceed $200,000 each year.
- We engage in mission activity locally, elsewhere in Alabama, in different parts of the United States, and in foreign countries.
- Our local missions include providing a weekly prayer breakfast with dynamic speakers for the football team at Austin High School (we also do less frequent breakfasts for the basketball team, other teams, and the school’s FCA). We also join with Jeremiah Castille (chaplain for the Univ. of Alabama football team) to do an annual “Character Camp”, which is a sports camp for boys that also teaches about “championship character.” In 2016 we had over 200 participants in this camp which was led by former and current NCAA and NFL players.
- We have an ongoing relationship with the Alabama Baptist Children’s Homes and do an annual mission trip to one of the campuses to spruce up or construct new facilities. Various folks in the church also help our local campus in numerous ways throughout the year.
- We have conducted summer mission trips to Vermont, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Virginia, to lead in Vacation Bible School, Backyard Bible Clubs, construction projects, and more.
- Teams from Central Park have traveled to Mexico, Wales, Ukraine, Guatemala, and Panama to do many different kinds of mission activities.
Central Park Baptist Church could be described as a “mission-minded” congregation that believes in the work being done, and supports it prayerfully, financially, and personally.